Light needed first
The first thing God did in preparing the earth for life was to allow light to penetrate the thick cloud cover:
And God said, 'Let there be light,' and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. –Genesis 1:3-4
Even though light is a common part of our every-day existence, there are no words to adequately describe it.
The qualities of light operate in both physical AND spiritual realms.
The best way to understand light is to think about what it does:
What light does
Physical AND spiritual
- Light dispels darkness
- Light itself cannot be seen, but it reveals everything in its presence
- Light cannot be grasped or held
- Light fills all space available to it but will not invade space closed to it
- Light can be everywhere at once
- Light is never consumed or exhausted by anything in its presence
- Light is illumination, enabling us to find our way
- Light is communication, leaving impressions on our mind
- Light is color, revealing incredible beauty around us
- Light is warmth, giving comfort
- Light is energy, producing power
- Light is speed, from here to there in an an instant
- Light is essential for growth and healing
- Light fades the further we move from its source
The purpose of this site is to bring spiritual light.