Many people are struggling with self-identity. Who am I? Why am I here? Where am I going?
Without clear answers to those basic questions, life can seem meaningless, even futile.
This site provides Christian perspective. New life. Not just what, but why.
See where fit in the flow ... the big picture ... nothing more important.
Even when things look good on the outside, life can be empty on the inside:
- 'I'm president of the company, but I don't know who I am.'
- 'I have Ph.D., but I don't know what I believe'
- 'I'm famous, but I'm lonely.'
- 'I'm a multi-millionaire, but I'm not happy.'
- 'I'm having fun, but I'm not fulfilled.'
- 'I look confident, but I'm scared.'
- 'I'm not at peach with myself or with God.'
- 'I get tired and depressed, wonder what life is all about.'
'There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus.' – Pascal
If we don't understand that we're pat of something bigger than ourselves, life becomes meaningless.
It's part of the human experience to be engulfed at times by feelings of restlessness and futility. This happens when we discover, sooner or later, that power, esteem, affluence or lots of friends and fun cannot satisfy the real craving of the soul.
These feelings – sometimes described as spiritual hunger – can actually be good of us if they prompt spiritual inquiry, because the inquiry can lead to new life.
The sections here show the flow of life and how we can enter into this flow with meaning and purpose, finding our personal identity.